Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Years


Happy New Year to all my friends and family. This is the time of year when we all are planning our goals for the New Year.  If one of your resolutions is to get organized and caught up on your scrapbooking, then this week is going to be for you.  Let's look at how you can jump start your scrapbooking for the New Year.

1.  Get Organized- If you are like me, and I know so many of you are, you go to our favorite local scrapbook store and get mesmerized by all the pretty papers in which you might not have a clue in what layout or card you are going to use it for but it is just so pretty that you must have it.  Well here it is, 2 maybe 5 years later and you still are hanging on to it.  I hate to say but it is time to let it go.  I am not saying throw it away but give it to someone or donate it to some organization that will use it.  While going through your papers, ask yourself "Do I have pictures, cards or projects that I can use this for now?".  If not, I am sorry but you are going to have to wipe your tears and say good bye to it.
2. Organize your papers by categories.  I have done by both by brand (i.e. Graphic 45, Pretty Little Studios, Teresa Collins, Tim Holtz, Webster) and then by birthday, Christmas, Halloween, school, and so on.  Remember not to forget to do the same for your embellishments and ribbon.

Here is a link where I found some great organization products.

http://store.scrapbook.com/cat/storage+and+organization.html



No comments:

Post a Comment